We couldn't have shared all the stories we've written since then without your help—the news tips, comments, blogs, photos and questions you provided were key in shaping our coverage. We're confident that those connections will remain strong as we enter the new year, so that Southeast-Brewster Patch continues to be your one-stop location for news and conversation.
So before the clock strikes midnight and we welcome 2014, here's a look back at the top posts for 2013:
- Airman's Body Passes Through Brewster Area on I-84
- Crossroads 312: Love It? Hate It? Need It?
- DA: Sheriff Provided 'Erroneous' Address in Rape Case
- Do You Want a Town Pool in Southeast?
- Dog Alerts Southeast Couple to Fire
- Head-On Crash on Route 312 Leads to Three DWI Arrests
- I-84 to Close for Bridge Replacements at State Line
- Mahopac Restaurant Owner Accused of Raping 18-Year-Old
- Officials: Serious Injuries in 3-Vehicle Crash; Part of Route 22 Closed
- Owner's Family: Angelina Jolie Did Not Buy Island in Mahopac
- Owners Hope Brew Pub Becomes 'Destination Location' in Brewster
- Police: 13-Year-Old Putnam Boy Dies from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound
- Putnam DA Talks Gun Permit FOIL Request
- State Police Investigating Southeast Bank Robbery
- Town of Southeast Building Sees Security Updates
- [Update] School Bus vs. Tractor-Trailer Crash Closes Route 22
- Village Cites Landlord for Using Attic As Bedroom
- Williams Service Station to Close
Click here to read about the top business stories for the year. If you need a refresher when it comes to using the site, here are some instructions on how to get involved in the conversation.
Comment on articles: We love discussion and smart debate. We welcome reader comments about small issues we may have missed. Tell us about new initiatives, school accomplishments, neighborhood issues and more. Don't like our coverage? Tell us.
Add photos: We want your best shots. Add them to our gallery. You can also add photos to articles by clicking "Upload" near the photos we have featured.
Sign up for newsletters: Get a daily summary of Southeast-Brewster-specific news delivered directly to your inbox daily or once a week. The site is updated multiple times each day, so news is always fresh. Scroll to the top of the home page and click on "Get the newsletter."
Post events to the Calendar: Get the word out about your events by adding them to our calendar. Or use the calendar to find out what's going on around town.
Become a blogger: Community members and experts blog weekly on the site. Have a subject area of expertise? Send me an email and I'll get you started as a blogger.
Rate local businesses in the Directory: It features nearly every business, school and organization in town. Use the section to find phone numbers, addresses and hours, and don't forget to rate the establishment!
Make announcements: Need volunteers? Get married? Lose a pet? Announce it in our announcements section so the community knows.