Whether you manage to get a few miles in each day or you just enjoy a leisurely stroll from time to time, there's nothing like a good power walk or hike to get your heart rate up.
Similar to our Rivals feature—and —this new column encourages friendly competition, and we're hoping you'll get involved. Each week we will pick a different category. Users will have the opportunity to vote in a poll and leave comments supporting their pick. Then, based on folks' feedback, Patch will name the favorite.
Here are some of our preferred places to walk and hike throughout the area (if we're forgetting yours, please let us know in the comments and we'll add it to the list):
- Around the reservoirs (Lower Mine Road, Maple Road, etc.)
- Breakneck Ridge (between Beacon and Cold Spring)
- Glenda Farrell-Henry Ross Preserve (off Milltown Road in Southeast) (see Putnam County Land Trust website for more information)
- Laurel Ledges Preserve (off Couch Road in Patterson) (see Putnam County Land Trust website for more information)
- Michael Ciaiola Conservation Area (Haviland Hollow Road in Patterson)
- The Putnam County Trailway
- Track at
- Veterans Memorial Park in Kent
Voting in the attached poll closes at 9 a.m. on Friday. Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results and reviews on Patch Places. Please vote only once per survey, per Patch.