There are tons of ways to keep busy around Putnam County this weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Here are the details for three great events. Scroll down to the end of this article for information on a few more.
1. Step Back in Time and Remember What the Holidays Are All About
When/Where: 6:30 p.m. Saturday/Studio Around the Corner on Main Street in Brewster
Why go: The Brewster Theater Company's Armchair Actors will deliver a reading of the holiday classic, It's a Wonderful Life, in an intimate setting, with refreshments, at the studio in Brewster. They presented the reading last year, too, and Patch featured it in this video.
2. Carol Down Main Street and See the Tree Lighting
When/Where: 5:15 p.m. Saturday/Southeast Museum on Main Street in Brewster
Why go: This annual event, hosted by the folks at the Southeast Museum and the Landmarks Preservation Society, starts off with cookies and cider. The group will move down Main Street singing holiday songs and stopping at the tree near the The Brewster Flower Garden. Tours of the Walter Brewster House will be available, too.
3. Attend a Big Band Dinner Dance
When/Where: 6 p.m. Saturday/Patterson Recreation Center on Front Street in Patterson
Why go: This year's theme, "Christmas on the Homefront," will take folks back to the '40s—and era-appropriate attire is encouraged. There will be artifacts from the time period, and historians will be attending. The Duffle Bag Military Surplus store is sponsoring the event, which will take place at the Patterson Recreation Center.
Pricing: $30 (dance only is $20)
More things to do this weekend (here, too):
- "Animal Magnetism" ... A Community Exhibition of Its Animal Companions in Brewster
- Brewster Fire Department Christmas Tree/Wreath Sale in Brewster
- Cold Spring by Candlelight Tour in Cold Spring
- Junior Varsity/Varsity Wrestling Pancake Breakfast in Southeast
- Zumba in Southeast