There are tons of ways to keep busy around Putnam County this weekend, and we're here to help you decide which happenings are for you.
Here are the details for three great events. Scroll down to the end of this article for information on a few more.
1. Meet a Local Author
When/Where: 3 p.m. Saturday/Brewster Public Library on Main Street
Why go: Southeast resident Dorothy H. Killackey will be talking about her new book, Musings. The work includes several short pieces that focus on Killackey's life experiences. Swing by and hear this resident's words of wisdom while you enjoy refreshments, courtesy of Friends of the Brewster Public Library.
2. Take the Kids to Explore Their Artistic Side
When/Where: 10:30 a.m. Saturday/Southeast Museum on Main Street
Why go: This workshop will give your youngster a creative outlet: watercolors. He or she will also pick up a few painting tips during the session.
3. Attend a Dance in Honor of Putnam's Bicentennial
When/Where: 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday/Thunder Ridge Ski Area in Patterson
Why go: This is one of many events community members have organized in recognition of the county's 200th birthday. Most of them have already taken place—the celebration will wrap up in November—so there's no better time to kick your Putnam pride into high gear! This event's official title is "The Harvest Dance."
Pricing: $7 ($10 per couple)
More things to do this weekend:
- Dog Days in Dover
- First-Annual Andrew McArdle Scholarship Fund 5K Memorial Race
- PARC Cablethon Community Day fundraiser in Carmel
- Putnam County Fish and Game Ladies Day in Carmel
- Road Race (for Putnam Hospital Center's 25-year anniversary) in Carmel
- Tag sales (regional)
- "The Edgy Side of Life" Art Show in Brewster
- Zumba in Southeast