The group sang carols and counted down for the tree lighting outside the Brewster Flower Garden, then belted out "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and chanted "Santa! Santa!" as Kris Kringle arrived.
Afterward youngsters and their parents enjoyed baked goods made by village trustees, as well as cider and hot chocolate at Village Hall. Some children also made ornaments at the Southeast Museum earlier in the day.
Amy Campanaro, the museum director, thanked the following in an email:
- The Brewster Flower Garden for decorating the tree
- The Brewster Yard Haunt people for making the ornaments for the tree
- The Harvest Property Group and Robert Morini for their support
- Village of Brewster Police Department for ensuring our safety
- Village Board of Trustees for their help and support