I started thinking, when fulfilling an food order, my daughter loves hard boiled eggs, maybe she'd like the deviled eggs! Well she did! I think her favorite part was crushing the yolks. She called then 'yellow eyes', I prefer calling them yolks. :)
- A dozen eggs
- 3 TB mayo
- 2 ts mustard (spicy is a good change!)
- Pinch of cayenne (or more-if you like spice)
- Paprika for dusting on top
- Put eggs in the pot of water before bringing to a boil (to avoid shocking the eggs)
- Once water comes to a boil turn to low and time for about 12 minutes.
- Peel eggs once cooled in cold water. (*note: if you crack shell and put back in water, the water will get in-between egg and shell, making it easier to remove shell.)
- After gently slicing the eggs down lengthwise, put yolks and other ingredients in bowl and whisk together
Pipe into whites and enjoy!