Campaign season is in full swing. And that means it's the time when an editor's desk gets flooded with letters from residents endorsing candidates in the November election.
While we don't necessarily have a "desk" for you to drop off your mail, we love to publish your letters to the editor!
And we've made it super easy for you, too. All that you need is a free Patch account and you can post your letter directly to the site as an announcement. Everyone will be able to read it immediately.
Your letter could also be featured in our free email newsletter, which is delivered to the inbox of thousands of residents every day!
Here's how to create an announcement in five easy steps:
- Create an account if you don't already have one (click 'Sign Up' in the upper right corner)
- Go to the Announcements page and click the "Announce it to everyone!" link on the top right.
- Fill out all of the fields with all of the pertinent information.
- Make sure to add the photos where it says "Choose file to upload" (you probably won't have a photo for your letter and that's perfectly fine!)
- Click "Post My Announcement" at the bottom.
You can also use the Announcements page to draw attention to a cause or spread the word about a charity you're involved in. Scholarships, honor roll, birth announcements and obituaries can all be posted as well.
We're always happy to help, so if you have a question, email it to Ashley.Tarr@Patch.com.
Thanks for reading! We look forward to hearing from you!